Reports by Nigeria Tennis Live that tennis youngster, Abayomi Philip, was stranded in Togo has been refuted by his guardian.
Philip who lost the final of the second leg of the Junior ITF Circuit in Lome, Togo to Charles Kodjo, had bitterly lamented how he was stranded and had to borrow money from friends.
And three days after the initial report on him, he still told Nigeria Tennis Live that he was still without money for his upkeep and hotel bills.
But in an exclusive chat with our correspondent on Thursday morning, the guardian popularly called Baba Sege at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lago, explained that money had been sent to the 17-year-old before he mentioned that he was stranded.
The obviously irritated man noted emphatically that he had sent money to Philip before he told Nigeria Tennis Live about his status in Lome, Togo.
“When did Abayo tell you that he was stranded? Because we sent him money before the initial report you wrote and he confirmed that he got the money.
“I’m not sure why he started saying that he was stranded in Togo. He was never stranded,” Baba Sege told our correspondent.
Philip would later reveal to Nigeria Tennis Live that he had gotten the said amount of money before the initial report was written, and pleaded for the article to be brought down.
But our correspondent insisted on getting to root of the saga to keep our followers and readers updated on the latest development.